Friday, May 12, 2006

A month on....

Well.......there was still some digging to be done! At 8.75 for the year, though, it's alot cheaper than a year's membership at the gym and we'll hopefully get something to eat from all the hard work too!! (If the rabbits and the slugs and the birds and the deer don't eat it all first!)
It's been like Fort Knox up here over the past month. All the "pros" have been busy fencing and netting........not me! Mmmmmm, may regret that later in the year, but hey, this is my first year....live and learn!
So after much planning and reading I started digging out the beds. Laying the paths raised a few eyebrows....I think "they" thought I was wasting some valuable growing space, but it should stop the beds becoming compacted as I trample all over them and hopefully save me some back-breaking digging in the autumn. They have also proven to be a big hit with my two girls who find it great fun to run along them as fast as they can.....better than them trampling the veg!

Bless 'em!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home